Friday 7 December 2012

Pale Stallion



Do you ever wonder what The White Stripes would sound like if Meg was talented? And what if Jack wasn't such a dominant force on stage? And while we're at it, let's polish it all up a bit. Cut some of the grit and re-think the lyrics. Pretty it up. Layer on some DISGUSTING harmonies. More acousta-pop. More country and folk.

Okay. Maybe we're talking about an entirely different band now. But I still think there's a shared something between The White Stripes and husband and wife duo, Whitehorse. Exactly what that something is, I'm not certain. Either way, I love love love this band.

The first time I heard the band was last year on CBC radio. I can't wait to see them in Toronto in March at the historic Massey Hall!

Doucet and McClelland looking dreamy

Four feature songs this week from Luke and Melissa's second album, The Fate of the World Depends on This Kiss, released this summer:

No Glamour In The Hammer - a song that shows off the bands experimentation and multi-instrumental musicianship.

Out Like A Lion - a song featuring Melissa's gorgeous voice.

Mismatched Eyes (Boat Song) - a song with a kitty in it. Incredibly emotional and tight. The setting reminds me of home.

Devil's Got a Gun - a song that breaks for beer.

I can't understand how these videos have only been viewed between 5 and 13 thousand times.... especially considered I'm at least 100 of those views.

No comments:

Post a Comment